Friday, April 3, 2015

Working On Olive Oil Dipping Bowls In Porcelain Clay

These handmade porcelain clay olive oil dipping bowls have been sitting out in the studio for a while now. They are not fired or painted yet. It's been hard to go out and work with any of the slips or clay out there. Lots of ideas run through my mind, but in all, to sit down and do anything with ceramics is just not there.

Recently went to Figments Tea Shoppe & Gallery, here at Albuquerque, NM, to show her what I came up with for her to sell. She was looking for certain bowls and said I'd give it a try. So now to get myself back in order, find my mojo again and finish these up by glazing and firing these little guys and make more and also make beads and pendants too.

So, here's a sneak peak of what might be coming......just have to get out of this mode and move forward.

I'm not the only one who goes through this but being talented is not easy when things around you fall apart. It takes one's creativity and destroys it and is hard to concentrate on art.

Small Handmade Porcelain Olive Oil Dipping Bowls