Monday, April 18, 2016

Storenvy Slow Page Speed Possible Problems

Google Webmaster contacted me about my domain being used at Storenvy. Google detected a page speed that could cause possible problems such as vulnerable to hacking and malware exploits that harm potential visitors to your site. The only reason I got contacted was because of using my own domain name. Right away, I contacted Storenvy, copied and pasted Google's notification, asking if there was any way to fix this problem. Storenvy replied back:

"I have checked with our system and it doesn't look like you are currently subscribed, nor have ever been subscribed, to our email list.

We have been having an issue with other people sending spam emails which pretend to be from us but actually are not, an issue we are currently looking into. 

It sounds like this may be what you have received. I recommend marking those emails as 'Spam' and blocking those email addresses via your email client.

Hope that helps,"

I'm shocked at their response "sounds like spam emails". It's not spam email when you go directly to Google Webmaster and read their messages sent to you.

My shop on Storenvy is closed as it is important to me that a customer be able to shop with security and safety. Items from the shop are now on Amazon Handmade and I've forwarded my domain to Amazon. In a few weeks, all items will be available for purchase as Amazon is in the midst of opening their accessory categories where the shawls, cowls, scarves, etc., will be.