Thursday, June 16, 2016

Review About Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn

Recently purchased a lot of Bernat Pipsqueak yarn and here's my review. Don't be afraid to try this extreme soft yarn. Even though you pay more - it's worth it. Here's my findings:


  • This is very soft with a chenille look
  • About 1 out of every 5 balls has been spliced - NOT GOOD
  • Used a K hook, just like the packaging says. Some websites say I hook but this was harder to work with being the yarn is so fluffy
  • The color white seems to be thicker than the other colors but not bothersome at all
  • Washing and Drying: According to the wrapper, one can machine wash and lay flat to dry. According to JoAnn's and Michael's websites, you can machine wash and dry this yarn. So I did an experiment by washing 2 samples made on a regular wash cycle. All appeared well when removing the samples. One sample was machine dried on medium/low heat and the other sample was laid flat to dry. Both turned out perfect and in fact, I prefer the machine dried one.
Now to save up because I want a blanket made of this of my very own. Oh so comfy!